Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Good, The Bad And The Ugly

The day started out with the bad and quickly went to ugly. Daniel had been wanting to go outside and play with his new buckets, shovels and rake in the dirt, and although I have been having problems with him not staying where he was supposed to I thought that the toys were new enough that they would have enough draw for him and keep him occupied long enough so I could eat breakfast while glancing out the window. He has been told many times that he has to stay right there where I can see him in the backyard as my mother in laws house sits on a a very busy road and behind it is Petersen Inc. with a lot of traffic going in and out, the yard is only fenced in some areas so it is very dangerous. I couldn't have been more wrong about the new toys holding his interest. Since he had been told that he couldn't go where he did I decided I had to (1) stop letting him go out without me, and (2) that I had to get him to start listening and obeying. He knew very well he wasn't supposed to do what he did. So I marched him to his bed and told him he had to stay there. Of course he didn't and the struggle began. 2 1/2 hours later I finally let him off his bed as I had gotten him to sit there finally for 5 minutes. He had to go back to his bed 3 more times yesterday but luckily for not as long. He was starting to get the idea. The infractions weren't as bad, but I had to find a way to get him to obey as he could be seriously hurt if he doesn't.

Some of the good things about yesterday- It was a beautiful day! Hooray! Of course it is followed up by rain today and it's supposed to snow. I think that UT is trying to get me ready to move to AK. They had 3 inches of snow yesterday when Paul woke up. The kids enjoyed being able to play outside.













Here the kids were so good about working together. They were trying to empty Grandma's flower pot of dirt. A big mess but they were so good at working together why stop them?



Daniel and I have been working on potty training and he didn't have any accidents yesterday. Hurray! First time for him. Of course the promise of Easter Candy didn't hurt either.
He also got these sun glasses in his Easter basket and he decided he needed to be like Dad and have a hat with his sunglasses.

1 comment:

  1. Cute pictures! Love the sunglasses. Removing my 3 year olds from the room seemed to work best for us too--they are so social and busy they can't stand to miss out!

    ReplyDelete