Friday, October 19, 2012

Paul Got a Bear

If you follow me on Facebook you already know this, but for all those not on Facebook and in my continuing quest to catch up with blog posts, here is Paul with the Black bear he shot last month. I told him he can now cross that off his bucket list. He couldn't have been prouder I think by the look on his face.
 He's having a bear rug made of it (to the tune of $1000) and we gave some meat away and froze some. About half of the meat we kept we had made into peperoni sausage.
Not being a fan of bear meat. It's not bad tasting if you take off all the fat but it has so much gristle I'm just not keen. So I usually make it when I'm going elsewhere for dinner. But the pepperoni- now that stuff is good! If he ever gets another bear, that's what we are doing with all of it. Come visit and we'll feed you some bear meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment