Thursday, April 21, 2011

Daniel's Dog bite

We have been working on trying some different medications for Daniel's ADHD. So far nothing has worked except for the Intuniv but since it made him sleep half of the week away we had to try something else. I had just called my Dad an hour or two before saying I wasn't sure we were going to make it through the weekend. Daniel couldn't stop hitting, pushing and etc. 
I went down into Reagan's room to paint some more thing on her wall. I heard the door in Daniel's room open and knew he was headed outside. This is the first time he's ever gone outside by himself even though he has a sliding glass door in his room. I thought it's okay. I am practically looking out the window anyway, he should be okay. He was out there less than 5 minutes when he walked into Reagan's room with blood dripping down from his face. I thought he had fallen down, and I kept asking him what had happened but he wouldn't tell me. Two things were at play here- The first was that he knew he had done something he shouldn't have and the second that he was in shock. It took me about 15 minutes to get what happened out of him. He had walked over to the neighbors and opened their backdoor and let their dog out. Apparently this particular dog is a rescue dog and doesn't like little kids. It bit Daniel on the hand and on his face. It wasn't that bad but I did end up taking him to the emergency room as I didn't know if he needed shots or anything. They put him on antibiotics just in case. They aren't really worried about it. But hopefully Daniel learned an important lesson. You don't enter other people's homes uninvited!

No comments:

Post a Comment