Friday, July 16, 2010

First time Ice Skating

A month or two ago I was able to pick up ice skates for the kids at a garage sale. The kids have really been into hockey so they were very anxious to use them. Every school up here has an outdoor rink so this winter they could get lots of practice but we couldn't wait that long! The local summer library reading program provided us with coupons for them to go skating for free and we get a military discount so the whole adventure cost us a whopping $3.50. (Have I mentioned that I love coupons?)

Paul took each of them on the ice with him. (Mom does not skate, after trying it for the first time in 2000, and breaking my leg which led to being in a cast or a brace for 5 months... Well I just can't afford for that to happen again.) Daniel had no fear and thought it was awesome! He couldn't stop smiling, nor could he stay on his feet at all. But I was proud of him because that didn't stop him from trying. He was also really good at walking on his skates off the ice. For someone who is not very coordinated I was really proud of his ability to do that. Reagan got scared when she heard the noise that Paul made as his skates slid in on the ice and was very hesitant. The second time she went out she was a little better.
We didn't stay very long but we had a lot of fun. I asked Reagan if she had fun as we left. She replied, "No, Daddy do, Daniel do." Later she did admit that it was fun and we look forward to going again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment