Saturday, February 20, 2010

In memory of my Grandpa


My Grandfather (my mother's father) passed away Sunday February 7th due to Alzheimer's and Vascular Dementia. He went quickly and quietly. He has spent the last 9 months or so living with my parents until the last 2 months when it became necessary to place him in a nursing home, but he spent most of that time in the hospital.
He was a wonderful Grandpa who loved to surprise us with visits. He was a workaholic and when he came to visit when I was little he made sure that we did plenty of work too. Which as a kid I didn't appreciate. He was fun and enjoyed life. He loved trains and I remember him taking us to ride on them when I was little. He may not have excelled in all roles of his life but one area in which he did was that of a Grandfather. You will be missed Grandpa.

No comments:

Post a Comment