Thursday, January 7, 2010

Looking for help

I am throwing this out to the blog sphere and  hoping for some help. Our stake is having a woman's conference next month and each ward has been asked to put together a 5-10 min. skit, musical number, dance or dramatic presentation for the program. I was asked to put it together for our ward. The theme is "Reach Out and Touch Someone" and it can be inspirational, humorous, artistic, or anything else you can come up with.
I am a great get it done person. I am not such a great idea person. The only thing that has been going through my head for the past several days is the song "Reach Out and Touch Somebody's Hand" and nothing else. So I am begging all of you,  pleading with you to please send me any ideas/help you might have. Email me at lollielean@hotmail.com or leave me a note on the blog. THANKS!

5 comments:

  1. There is a reason I've never been asked to do something like that....good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've had some fun skits but they were on different themes--I could email them to you if you want and you could see if you could re-write them to fit yours??

    here are some links that might help:

    http://lds.about.com/od/visitingteaching/Visiting_Teaching.htm

    http://www.enrichmentcottage.com/vt/index.htm

    ReplyDelete
  3. K - I actually have a funny one that my sister did, and I think you could make it apply to your theme because it's all about helping.

    Have you heard the Veggie Tales "Hairbrush Song?" It's a silly song about Larry the cucumber looking for his hairbrush. Play the song, have people act out the differnt parts. When my sister did it she played Larry dressed in a robe and wore a stocking on her head with a towel over it so when it gets to the verse where he realizes he has no hair she pulled off the towel and looks bald. You can get creative with it.

    Short, simple, funny, and easy to pull together. Good luck!

    P.S. You can download the song from Amazon for $.99

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you--I'm generally a get it done girl. Not many ideas here. Except that I keep having Depeche Mode's song, "Personal Jesus" stuck in my head. It starts out with "Reach out and touch faith." Something tells me, though, that it's probably not the right, um, shall we say, theme for your conference. http://www.lyricsfreak.com/d/depeche+mode/personal+jesus_20039367.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the help guys! It really helped me start thinking and figuring things out. I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete