Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I want to shout and sing!

Reagan has been sick twice in the last two weeks with cold like sicknesses. Not fun for her (or me). But what makes me want to shout and sing is that Daniel hasn't gotten it.To understand my elation you have to understand that Daniel has been sick A LOT since he has been born. At 4 months he came down with Whooping Cough, 3 months later he had just barely gotten over Whooping Cough when he got RSV twice in the same month. This set the stage for Asthma problems and pretty much every time he has gotten a cold we've had to go straight to the inhaler/nebulizer, and he has gotten colds a lot. Last Christmas he spent a week in the hospital with RSV again. (Thankfully he is finally old enough that RSV shouldn't be a problem anymore.) Since the last bought with RSV though he has only been sick twice in the past year both times with the stomach flu. It looks like his immune system has finally kicked in! Hurray! When a simple cold means emergency trips to the Pediatrician, and ER I can't tell you how happy this makes me. So I just wanted to share my happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment