Sunday, August 5, 2012

Flat Top Mountain

 Those of you who know me well know that I think exercise is a 4 letter word. I don't mind it if it has purpose, but just to exercise for the fun of it? No thank you! I'm definitely not a hiker, heck I'm not an outdoors person. Give me a book and a kitchen and I'm happy.
Well, some women in my new ward hike Flat Top Mountain every Monday night after the kids are in bed. (Remember, we have extended periods of light right now.) For some crazy reason I got it in my head to hike it with them. Now you need to understand that in Alaska as I said in the last post, hiking usually means you are going straight up. I mean hugging the mountain straight up and this was no exception. I can hike but going like that is more than I can do. So I'm very proud of the fact that I made it (with lots of stops to catch my breath!) at least 3/4 of the way up the mountain. This was my view from where I rested while the others went to the top. At the top of the picture is the port of Anchorage, it's a long ways away from up there.
Not sure I'm going to make it back this week. We'll see if I'm up for more torture

1 comment:

  1. Flat top was one of my favorite hikes in Anchorage. I remember doing it a couple times during the year or so I lived there.

    ReplyDelete