Friday, December 11, 2009

Operation Doughnuts


In my family, growing up we made doughnuts every year for Christmas time, New Year's Eve and every time we got snowed in. (If I did that here I would never  lack for doughnuts at least half of the year.) I decided that today was the day for doughnuts. Above is a picture of the fried doughnuts. Below is the finished product with powdered sugar. That is my favorite way to eat these particular doughnuts. Technically these are "spudnuts" not doughnuts as they are made with potatoes. The recipe comes from the town I grew up in, in southern UT and was used at fund raising bazaars and etc. I'm not sure who my Mom had to bribe to get the recipe but I'm glad she did as these are SO good! I made the small recipe here, (the large one makes at least double this amount and I'm kind of wishing I had made the large batch as I have several plates of doughnuts for friends and I'm not sure I have enough for me! :-) I started the dough early this morning and fried them up while the kids were asleep. Hurray for naps as I wasn't sure how I was going to do it if they didn't take naps.

2 comments:

  1. Yum! We make spudnuts every Halloween! We ice ours though and they are the only doughnuts I'll eat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What would I have to do to get the recipe? :-)

    ReplyDelete