Monday, April 5, 2010

A Garden, A Garden, We have a Garden!

Okay, maybe only a garden spot (two) but this year we get to grow a garden and I'm so excited. This is what it looks like right now. The city has community gardens you can pay to rent each year and I happened to find out about it the day before the sign up began while looking for things to do with the kids.This is what the garden spot looks like right now. Not too inviting- But at least we will be able to have before and after pictures. I signed up for a class for next week on gardening- Not because I don't know how to garden but because I don't know how to garden in Alaska. Hoping to coax a few tomatoes to ripen as well as cold weather vegetables so I can make salsa, V8 Juice, Taco Sauce, mmm... I'm starting to drool just think about it!

1 comment:

  1. Fun! We love to garden and I was just making Ed commit to a day for rototilling when I saw your post! Can't wait to see pics of your tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete